Friday, August 16, 2013

Pancake Breakfast!

Every 1st Saturday of the month, there is a pancake breakfast at a church near the cottage at the lake.  They have scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, and homemade blueberry sauce for $5!!!  You can't beat it!  And the kids just LOVE the pancakes (they are pretty tasty, I have to admit!).

When I saw this month's sketch on the Lily Bee blog, the big circles just reminded me of pancakes, so I used it for my page.



I started by die cutting the large circle from white cardstock using SCAL2 and my Cricut.  I chose brown and blue papers to go with the blueberry and pancakes theme, and then added in some yellow for contrast.

I machine stitched a frame in the middle of the page, and then just added some punched circles here and there.  I fussy cut the triangles from patterned paper and layered them with some labels and buttons, too.



You can see that I popped the brown paper off the back of the page to give it some depth.


So you might notice that my husband has his eyes closed in the photo. It was the only one I had of him, and he HATES getting his photo taken.  But I decided I needed to use it anyways!  I want my kids to know (when they look back through these pages after year go by) that daddy was there at these events, too!!  So I'm am gonna tell him that he better start smiling, because I am putting the photo on regardless!  :)

Stay scrappy my friends!

2 comments:

Diana Waite said...

this is so cute!

Anonymous said...

love the layout time to play with circles