Thursday, June 16, 2011

6.16 Sketchy Thursdays Reveal!

I really loved the sketch this week.  I have had these photos printed for a while, and to be honest, having the large 4x6 with the others was really throwing me off, design wise.  So when I saw this sketch, I played around with the arrangement for a while, and a, happy with the way it came out!


I used some of the fun anf bright papers and stickers and journaling spots from Jillibean Soup Watermelon Gazpacho line.



On the background, I drew a circle with a pencil and went over it with an Adirondack paint dauber in Aqua (one of m new favorite supplies!).   Then I hand stitched over my pencil lines with yellow thread.


I layered a whole bunch of journaling spots and some scalloped circles cut from the yellow paper.  I used this color combo because I love the contrast of the blue with the orange, and although it is hard to tell, Charlotte had yellow in her shirt, too.

I have been working on pages for SEI and Magpie Club for next month, so not a lot to share in the next few days, but I do have one or two others that I am working on that I hope I can share! Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hosed - great title. Love the little journaling spots.

Diana Waite said...

Clever title--love the use of paint and hand stitching--just lovely!

scrapinbabygal said...

This is wonderful!! I love how you did the circle and the bright colors are wonderful!! Sabrina

WhiteRacoon said...

It's great! Love everything: the title, the colors, the photos, the stitching, all the circles... Good job!

Chanray said...

I love your page and I love the photos.

Jinny Newlin said...

This is so fun, Audrey! LOVE your play on circles of all sizes! I'm so hoping to get a take in this week, but the summer sure has me running! Thanks, as always, for the gorgeous inspiraion!