Thursday, June 30, 2011

Magpie Club July Reveal with a Sketchy Thursdays SKETCH!

Happy last day of June everyone!  We are trying to beat the heat here, but it is just so HOT everyday...ugh....but that means I get to spend a lot of time inside scrappin'!  :)

I am so excited to reveal the July Magpie Club kit today!  I just LOVE the pages I was able to make with this kit!  You can check out the entire kit HERE.

First up I want to share a page I did with the kit based on today's Sketchy Thursdays reveal.  Here is this weeks sketch.


I usually like doing 2 pagers, but had these photos printed, and when I looked at the right side of the sketch, I decided just to do a single page LO.



I added in kraft paper elements to be the "peanut butter" color, misted with a bit of purple "jelly" color, and then used some pinks and green for "fruity" colors!  :)  That was the basis of this page.



The title area I cut with my cricut.  Since it sits out on my shelf now and I have direct access to it, I have actually been using it more and more!  The scalloped edge circles are from THIS BLOG which has some great free svg files.



Lastly, for the chipboard pieces on my title, I actually peeled off th top layer of the Cosmo Cricket aqua blue letters to reveal the raw chipboard and then misted them with purple mist.  LOVE this technique and the color came out just as I wanted.

This next page I really worked around my photo.  I love this shot I got of my mom and Charlotte, and she is looking directly at the camera and I gt her face right through a cloud of bubbles!  Perfect!  So I went with the bubble theme and the colors in the photo as well.

The background paper is actually the back side of one of the patterned Hambly papers in the kit.  It is hard to tell, but it has this irridescent sheen to it that reminded me of the bubbles, so that is why I used it!



I love the layered look of the Glitz cardstock frame with the chipboard "photos" piece from GCD Studios.



Of course I added in some stiched for my journaling and across the chipboard pieces of my title, too.



This kit is SOO diverse, that I was also able to create this colorful page using some of the Pink Paislee Hometown Summer papers!!!



I love the "wave" paper and cut out along some of the waves.  Then of course I stitched all the wave lines .  The background paper I painted with a white wash to tone down the text a bit, but I love using text paper as my backgrounds!

Isn't that yellow striped ribbon just beautiful!  One of my favorite bits in this kit!



I decided to do printed journaling strips, which I haven't done in a while.


And I layered a bunch of elements from the huge bag full of little pieces that come in the.  I really loved the red Jenni Bowlin crepe paper ribbon...it is so easy to work with and pleat.


And I saved my favorite page for last!!  I don't know where this came from....it just kinda fell together!  This is a little reflection of how I am feeling at week 33 of my pregnancy...things are going well!   :)


I knew I wanted to use some bright colors and I also wanted to make a flower with that scallopped crete paper ribbon, which turned out so pretty!  PLUS I wanted to use the whole sheet of Studio Calico rubons, so that's where the design all started.



Here are some of the gorgeous and sparkly Glitz stickers that are transparent.  I added the rubons beneath them because they wouldn't rub on the top.



I like layering rubons on top of things, so I layered them over the stickers, too.  The scallops on the bottom ar large orange sequins that complement the Glitz stickers so well!


And here is the beautiful flower that came from the crepe paper ribbon, embellished with a Glitz sticker and a Girl's Paperie flag.   LOVE how this came out!


Please go visit Magpie Club to see all the other wonderful creations the DT came up with!

And tomorrow I have another FOUR projects to share with my Memorable Seasons reveal!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello, I'm new to your blog, but loving what I see! You've got me very curious to see the July kit now.

Diana Waite said...

WOW! look at all of this creative genius! LOVE all of the pages you made.

Mitralee said...

So enjoyed browsing through your pages, such yummy scrappy goodness! Love that red flower and the stitched wave but I think the pb& j page is my fav! Awesome job!

Unknown said...

I just love the grape misting on the PB&J LO. And you know I love the other two. You really made that Hambly paper work! GREAT flower