Thursday, June 23, 2011

6/23 Sketchy Thursdays reveal!

I can't believe it is June 23.  Where is the time going????

I am lovin' the new Watermelon Gazpacho line from Jillibean Soup, so it was appropriate that I had some watermelon photos to go with these papers!  :)  (Or did I have the papers first and have to get some watermelon and then take photos???  What do you think?   :)   )

Here is this week's sketch at Sketchy Thursdays:


I added some paper behind the photos and just used the title on the journaling card for my page.



On the borders on the top and bottom, I back the punched holes with black CS to make "seeds".  I also punched some hearts from black CS and cut them in half to make the seeds that scatter across my page.  I added glossy accents to them to make them shine!







(Although when i was doing this, I realized I couldn't remember the last time that I actually had a watermelon with seeds in it!!!!!  Do they all come seedless now?)

I love this page so much, that we will be making it in my July class at Scappn' Savvy!


Other thoughts: I am convinced that there is something wrong with my camera.  I keep getting an Error code every now and then, and my pics just don't seem to be as clear as they used to be!  I am thinking about investing in a new one....that is if hubby will let me!  :)


7 comments:

Suzy said...

I love this layout Audrey! Such a fabulous summery take on the sketch. I'm like you, I buy the paper then think of what pics I can take to match :)
Suzy suzyq28024@gmail.com

Lisa Spiegel said...

Adorable page! I've been having the same problem with my Rebel..I really want a new camera!

Diana Waite said...

this makes me want to eat watermelon! CUTE layout!!

Mitralee said...

Love love love that page and the paper!

lisa said...

Audrey, that line was made for your photos : )
So perfect!
Have a great weekend x

Kelly Massman said...

OMGoodness! This is ONE cute layout! I love, love, love the photos, the papers, the embellies, everything!!!!!

Joanne said...

I love this layout! It is just over-the-top adorable!
Joanne xo