Monday, June 13, 2011

Some GREAT News, a scrappy weekend, and 3 pages to share...

I pre-planned for my Saturday crop at Archiver's and let me tell you I got a lot done (by my standards!).  I got 7 pages "done", and an 8th started.  "Done" to me means all laid out and I know where everything is going to go.  Sometimes I don't finish a page, though, because I want to add stitching or misting or painting, and I don't bring those things with me to crops....it's just too much to carry.  So when I get the page entirely laid out, I take a photo of it, jot down what else I want to add, and put it in a folder to bring it home to add the finishing touches.  So yesterday and today I have been putting the "touches" on my pages.

Here are 3 I want to share with you today! (Some of the others are for kit club or SEI reveals, and I can't post them yet....)

This first one was a lift of this month's Member Of The Month at Memorable Seasons.  And why am I doing this lift?  Because I JUST MADE THE NEW DESIGN TEAM FOR MEMORABLE SEASONS!  This store had THE.BEST.PRICES and sales.  You have to go check them out!

Here is my lift of Detta Owens page:



 These papers are from some of the new lines of patterned papers that Bazzill released this year (plus some older papers, too).


I did a lot of stamped elements on this page, and we are going to make it in my next class at Scrappn' Savvy on June 21.

For the twine at the bottom of the title, I just used some Fabric-Tact (which is THE best adhesive) and looped it where I wanted. 





This next page is based on this weeks challenge at My Scraps and More, which was a sketch.  I also used it for the Scrapdango Totally Rad 80's crop also going on, and the challenge there was to use green and banners.



This is one of my favorite photos recently.  I did this little photo shoot of Charlotte on her birthday (May 16th) with this bunch of balloons I bought her.  She had a plast with those balloons.  She doesn't say "Happy Birthday", but instead just "Happy Happy".  So that's what I titled this page.


The pink heart and the pink in the banner are from some Girl's Paperie packaging.  The papers are the new Kaiser Craft "Party Animal" line that I got in my kit this month from Your Scrapbook Stash.  And if you haven't visisted the YSS store, lately, you HAVE to go check out what is on sale...TONS of stuff!  :)


Lastly is a page based on this month's sketch challenge at the Jillbean Soup blog.  I am going to use the Watermelon Gazpacho line for my class at Scrappn' Savvy in July, so I did three pages with this line.  But I can only share this one for now cause the others are based on some other team reveals.  You will see one this Thursday, and the third on next Thursday.





The sketch was by Julie Bonner...her sketches are some of my favs!!!!

I loved the simplicity of this sketch, and added a few details here and there. 

While in NY, we took a golf cart ride down the road at my parent's camp (about 2 miles) and had a blast!  Charlotte just wanted to drive....


I have got so many projects to work on before July 1st...4 layouts for Magpie Club, 4 for Memorable Seasons, one more for my class at Scrappn' Savvy, a few more for Your Scrapbook Stash, and a Clip It Up project, too. Not to mention that I haven't even touched my Cocoa Daisy kit, which I can't wait to get into!

I think this month may end up being my most productive month in terms of # of layouts and projects!  :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these new pages!!!
Especially the family one, great brown typed background paper :)

lisa said...

Lovely pages Audrey. I really love the family LO and how you made your title. So eye catching x

yyam said...

Wow! These are awesome Audrey! Love how you use color and the lovely details! :)

Congrats on your new design team gig!

P/s: I do the same with my layouts at home....it helps with time management a lot! :)

WhiteRacoon said...

Congrats on the new DT! =) It's great!
Love your layouts! I wish I could work with layering that successful! Don't you want to create a tutorial how to make layering look so cute and not overloaded? =)

Unknown said...

I just LOVE these layouts!!! Glad you got so many "done". CAn't wait for the next time.

Diana Waite said...

GREAT layouts Audrey--CONGRATS on the new DT!! :)

Mitralee said...

I really LOVE that vibrant orange LO and look of all your pieces, nice job!