Friday, January 11, 2013

Breakfast in Bed...but not for me...

Charlotte got up early one morning while we were staying at my parents, and my mom let her go into her bed to watch cartoons.  When I woke up, I asked her if she wanted me to bring her up a glass of milk while she watched.  She replied, 'Yes.  And bring me some breakfast, too".  Ugh, she's got me wrapped, let me tell ya'.....



I used this weeks sketch at the My Scraps & More Sketch Blog!  I stayed pretty true to the sketch (but rotated it).

I started by painted the text paper with a white wash and then using SCAL 2 and my Cricut to cut out the hexagons.  Then I backed it with the black and white paper.



I chose to use the American Crafts Soho Garden line because those tea cups were staring at me and I thought they would be perfect for a page about breakfast!  :)  I just clustered a few embellies and splattered a bit of mist.



After I was 'done' with this page, I realized that I didn't machine stitch on it, which I meant to do, but I love it anyways!  The story is my favorite part.  :)

Have a great weekend!

OH, and while you are at My Scraps & More, check out the store because EVERYTHING is 40% off to make room for new CHA stuff!  Just use the code CLEAROUT0113!!!

4 comments:

Diana Waite said...

her face is PRICELESS! she is a doll--GREAT layout with one of my FAVORITE AC lines!

Buffy Burnside said...

adorable! and a little girl who knows what she wants lol

Nicole said...

What a cute story! I love the bold colors of this page!

WhiteRacoon said...

Very cute! Love the patterns matching and the use of strips! The photo is the most adorable part ;)