Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Word Inspiration...NOW and WARM..

I WISH it was WARM right NOW!

We are smack dab in the middle of the One Little Word crop at My Scraps & More.  My challenges involve the words WARM and NOW.



My first page I made with my February kit from My Scraps & More. Charlotte loves to put her leg warmers on, and most of the time, she doesn't like to wear pants.  These photos captured her dancing around in the living room, and all I could think about was Flashdance (especially since she was pantless).  I was going to have my title be something about WARM, but instead, I decided to interpret WARM differently....I used WARM colors: red, yellow, orange, and pink.




I honestly was listening to "She's a Maniac" on my computer while I made this page!  I cut the yellow chevron paper and placed the arrows up and down to show some movement.

The polka dot paper with the bright colors really reminds me of the 80's!  :)  I added some more pink circles on the page, too.  The title is cut from patterned paper, and I used a MME die cut to mount the title.

My next page is about the word NOW.  I think it is so important to document what is happening "NOW" in our lives.  So i snapped these photos of the kids and what they are into right NOW.  Right now, I just finished unpacking the dining room, and they found some drink shakers (which I can honestly say I don't think we have ever used!) and have been playing with them.  They are fighting like crazy, but playing with each other all the time.

(for some reason I forgot to take close ups, so this is it for this page!)

I used some new Studio Calico Darling Dear.  I love the navy and the shade of green in this line.  The background I painted a bit with some Art Anthology Gel Paint (Sorbet).  And I LOVE LOVE LOVE these vellum arrows!!!

The letters are from Bella Blvd, and I misted them in navy to match the papers.

You still have plenty of time to participate in the crop. Stop over to the message board and check it out!



2 comments:

Angela said...

Maniac caught my eye in my blog reader. Love the bold design. Both layouts are really cute and I love the designs.

Diana Waite said...

LOVE the title on the first layout--cracked me up! Beautiful job on both!