Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Even the grocery store can be fun!!...ok, not really...

I HATE going grocery shopping.  And most of the time, it is even worse with 2 little kiddos!  But I am getting better at preparing for the trips.  And YES, you have to prepare!  Thank GOD some genius thought of making this carts that are like cars, and that there are even some with TWO steering wheels!  Brilliant!!



I used the December Gossamer Blue kit and a sketch from My Scraps & More sketch blog (which was post a few weeks ago, but I'm just getting around to revealing it on my blog!).




I have been wanting to use this striped black and white paper for a background, but i wanted to tone it down a bit, so I swiped some gesso on it with a credit card.


I machine stitched a circle in yellow thread to ground the photo.  I cut out a whole bunch of pie charts and cut apart the vellum circles from the stitched garland.



Totally love the KI Memories frames, and had to cut that bright chevron print paper into some arrow strips.  I just LOVE all the bright colors in this kit!

3 comments:

Sara Zenger said...

I just love this layout! I love seeing photos of everyday- real life stuff! You got a couple of cute kids on your hands! I am also digging the fun bright colors!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! And, I can so totally relate to the grocery store yuck!

Diana Waite said...

I agree shopping with little ones is HARD and I was SO glad when someone thought those carts up! ;) I ADORE this picture--priceless cute faces--GREAT layout as well!