Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Winner and my January Reveal for My Scraps & More

I first want to THANK YOU ALL so much for your lovely comments on my Top Twelve of 2012 post.  I am just humbled and so flattered about the things you said.

And now for a winner!



OK, had to count through all the comments, and #53 was....

Melissa Elsner!!  Yay Melissa!  Contact me and I will send your package!

OK, now onto my reveal for My Scraps & More.  Tammi started putting together a monthly kit, and they are just fabulous!  One of the January kits is called "Baby It's Cold Outside".  There are papers from Bo Bunny, Echo Park, MME, and more!



I was SOOO thrilled that I had these photos of Charlotte and Kyler in their very first snow fall in NY!  Charlotte just happened to be wearing a yellow sweater, which was perfect for these papers!  (I swear I didn't dress her to match!)  We were just outside for a minute because it was early and we had to get to school.  Kyler tried to pick up some snow in his hands, and was having a blast, but when we got back inside, he screamed from the cold and his little fingers were all red.
Both of these are based of off sketches.(Hello Snow from a sketch by Liz Chidester and What's All This White Stuff by Jenny Evans).

I am posting these two together because my plan is to put them in an album to kind of make a 2 page spread.



So on the background papers, I used a stencil and some gesso mixed with frost "sorbet" by Art Anthology.  This stuff is SOOO cool!  It is gel like, and dries with a lot of texture, so you can embed stuff in it and layer really pile it on.  I love the effect it created with the gesso.


How cute are these little mittens (which he should have been wearing!) tied with twine??  I also fussy cut some of the snowflakes from paper.  The circles on the LO are machine stitched around the edge and then distressed.


On "Hello Snow", I made giant banners and folded them and stitched the ends for some dimension.  There is also some velvet trim in there!  LOVE it!


More trim and twine, and a little pin stuck in.



Lastly, this third page was also based off of a sketch by Kristine Davidson for My S&M.  I wanted to try and do a monochromatic page, and this is what I got!  I love how it came out!


I started by misting through a large 12 x12 stencil to create the rays in the background.  I painted over the stencil again with some paint.  The snowflakes I cut with my die cutting machine.  The large one I stitched over some of the pattern on the flake.



It's a bit hard to see, but I took some of the lovely Art Anthology Sorbet and just added some globs of it with my fingers.  It is perfect for snowy layouts!



I have a lot planned for January on my blog!  I am going to be sharing my version of Project Life (it's the slacker version, let me tell ya'), a new blog header (which I love to create every year!), some resolutions, and lot of projects!!!!

Happy New Year everyone!

5 comments:

Jenny Evans said...

Stunning work, Audrey!!

Diana Waite said...

these are BEAUTIFUL--I am loving all the snowflakes!

Melissa said...

Yay!!! Lucky me!

Love these layouts. The stitching is so great and I especially love the one with the banners. I'm such a sucker for those lately!

Sheila said...

Love your layouts! And Ilove the joy on your kids' faces when they are playing in the snow :)

Tracey said...

Gorgeous pages Audrey!!