Thursday, January 17, 2013

What a Zoo! A mini for Basically Bare

OK, confession....I used to not like making mini albums that much.  But lately I have been LOVING them!  It helps I have an awesome stash of some Basically Bare ones to use!!!!

I used the Casually Covered album for this little mini about a trip we took to the local zoo on a very warm day in November.










Let's talk about the cover.  I just had to use the On Trend collection from Crate Paper.  It's perfect, with all the animal prints it has! First, I painted the spine black, then added my paper.  I covered the zebra paper with a light wash of gesso, and then used a stencil and some "Splashed" Sorbet from Art Anthology. I love the texture and sheen that this paint gives!!!  It is so awesome to work with!



 See those fibers on the page?  They are actually the strings from the canvas page inside the album....I took some off to make some fringe on the page, and had this little pile sitting on my desk, so I just added them on the cover.



I splattered some paint, stitched with some teal thread, and added the appropriate animal embellies and some twine.


And I always decorate the back cover a bit, too:



OK, the inside pages.  Basically, I painted the edges of each black (except the acrylic page) and then added paper to each page. I stuck with a somewhat neutral palette for the papers.

I added some splatters of mists and those were my foundations.  On each page, I added a few OLD leaf rub ons, the photos, and a few flowers, banners, twine and other bits.  In between some of the pages, I added some tags for my journaling (which I have added in at this point!).







On the acrylic page, I used a animal print stencil and some "Sand Dune" and "Tiger Eye" Sorbets (Art Anthology).







YAY!  I love this little mini!  Thanks for stopping by today!!!!

6 comments:

Sheila said...

This is so pretty! I love the zig zag stitching on the covers...great way to use that collections (which even though I didn't LOVE at first, I had to buy once I saw it in person at the retreat!!)lol

Marek said...

OMG i love this mini !!!

KrissyClarkMcKee said...

I am seriously LOVING this mini!!! Love that teal thread on the front and back cover SO MUCH and the way you tied the journaling tags to the rings of the mini. Totally adorable!

Bente Fagerberg said...

This is super duper cute Audrey. Love the way you decorated the cover and that little deer.
XO

Diana Waite said...

oh, this is STUNNING! I REALLY like the colors and texture--just LOVELY!

Michelle S said...

Ur mini is gorgeous :)