Sunday, January 6, 2013

Hey Ladies!!!! Creative Scrappers #242

In the fall, lady bugs swarm the house.  Now, one lady bug is cute and all, but 100's???  Ick.   But that didn't bother Charlotte...she loved picking up the ladies and putting them in her hand. All I could think about when seeing this photo of her hand filled with TWELVE lady bugs was the song from Sesame Street, Lady Bug Picnic.

I used the latest Creative Scrappers sketch for this page.  I LOVED the funky shapes of the photos in this sketch.




I started by cutting my photos and some papers into shapes.  I wanted to do something on the page that reminded me of lady bugs, so I punched some red circles and then splattered them with black mist.
On the background, I used a stencil and some modeling paste to give some texture.




A few little bits here and there, and then some hand stitching to make some bug movement lines!




I found this badge at a quirky gift shop during my Christmas shopping.  It reminds me of a Beastie Boys song!  :)



OK, on a related note (and you are going to think I am so strange, if you don't already), but I swear I can SMELL ladybugs!  I think they omit some type of pheromone or something, and I can tell where there is one near.  Maybe I was a lady bug in a former life....


13 comments:

Unknown said...

absolutely fabulous and creative take on the sketch! love it all. and i loved reading about your story and ladybug sniffing skills!

antenucci said...

We've also been overrun by ladybugs at times, and yes they do smell bad! I think when they get scared they make the smell. They also make your vacuum smell if u vacuum them!

Tracey said...

This is absolutely fabulous Audrey! I love your take on the sketch!!

Kathy Skou said...

This is so cute, I can't stand it. I LOVE the little bugs/bug lines...such sweet idea!

Marek said...

WOWOWOWO I love your page and great background !!!

Aurelie said...

I love that modeling past!

Buffy Burnside said...

this is the sweetest lo I've ever seen! and we get ladybugs like that here too they seem to be everywhere...I never smelled them though!

Cathy said...

so sweet, I love how fearless they are at that age. I am with you, one is cute...100's, ewwww!

Denise said...

love this layout so much. so many wonderful details.

Ashley Horton said...

This is so cute Audrey!! Love the cute title to go along with your photos and the modeling paste!! And you are not crazy...Lady Bugs stink!!

Unknown said...

The hand stitching looks fantastic!

Christa said...

Whoa! I am amazed. Little red dots, texture, odd shaped pics, little black stitches. I feel it coming on...HOKEY DOODLE! yep, you rock.

Lisa P said...

Very cool layout. I love the textured brick look. I need to learn to use modeling paste effectively!