Thursday, January 31, 2013

A new home and faces I love.

In late December, we moved into our new house.  One week before Christmas.  It was CRAZY trying to unpack and decorate and keep the 2 kiddos from getting into everything.  Although we did have some fun times with building cities of boxes!

Anyway, I snapped this photo of our house the day before we closed, and it just so exciting (we have been waiting for over 6 months to move into a new home).  So here it is!  The Dear Lizzy 5th and Frolic collection had a lot of great "homey" sentiments and papers that went great with this theme.



In the background, you can see some faint stamping with a hexagon stamp, some layered papers and chipboard.  I added some wood chevrons pointing to the title.

I have been love love LOVING gold accent lately, so I used a sticker and some gold thread here.

To add some more gold sparkle, I painted a Basically Bare 'Jailer Key' with some gold Sorbet gel paint from Art Anthology.  Isn't the 'Welcome Home' chipboard piece perfect?  :)



And next I wanted to share a layout I did based on last weeks sketch at My Scraps & More sketch blog.
My brother took these photos of Charlotte on his phone.  She was trying to look at the handle of her cup, because there was something on it, and she had no idea of the funny crossed-eyed faces she was making.  We kept asking her to look again, and were laughing so hard.  :)



I recently reorganized in my new scrap room and started keeping embellies and certain papers/kits close by in bins to use at will.  This page I used items from 7 different manufacturers, which is not my norm (I tend to stick with a collection and use a few other bits here and there).  Here is a die cut from a scrapbook circle kit, and an old brad from MME.  I also dug into my rub-on stash, which I forgot how much I loved, and had fun with cutting them up here and there.



Some chipboard from Basic Grey and doilies from some Lily Bee paper.

I have been scrapping like a maniac lately.  And believe it or not, a lot of it has been for ME!  Hope you are staying scrappy, too!

6 comments:

Sara Zenger said...

I love your house! Now I know what to look for when I arrive! :)

lisa said...

Hi Audrey,
I'm glad the move went well. Wow one week before Christmas, that's crazy. That will definitely be a Christmas to remember. I love your LO and all the oretty elements you've added. I hope you are settling in well x

Diana Waite said...

your new place is BEAUTIFUL--CONGRATS!! GREAT layout both!!

glorygirl said...

Cannot imagine moving into a new house the week before Christmas! Your pages are WONDERFUL! Loving all the details on them!

Ashley Horton said...

Great pages Audrey!! Love the Dear Lizzy on the first and the mix of products on the second...and those cute photos!

Diana Fisher said...

Love the layouts — and so glad I get a preview of the house before I show up there in 2 weeks! Makes it easier than just stalking it on Google Maps. LOL!