Sunday, January 20, 2013

Creative Scrappers Sketch #244

Since I had kids, there is one special girl who doesn't get scrapped nearly enough anymore.  We have had a lot of snow since we've moved back to NY and I can tell that she really really missed it!  I think she would rather have below freezing temps and big snowbanks to stick her head in over those 100 degree days and the pool anyday!!!!

Here is my take on today's Creative Scrappers sketch #244.



And the sketch by my friend Heather Leopard:



I used some papers from different kits and some that I had in my stash, plus I raided my stash for a few other things, as well.  I have been pretty good, lately, about digging into things that I haven't used in a while.



On the background I splattered some white paint and machine stitched with silver thread.  I am really into metallics lately!


The journaling spot is an old transparency that I painted on the back with white paint to make the writing stand out more.  A few snowflake punches, and that's it!


I KNEW I had t he chipboard words" My Girl" somewhere in my stash, so I spent about 30 minutes looking for it and finally found it in the old Crate Paper Line Emma's Shoppe.

Hope you are staying warm!  It is supposed to get pretty chilly here this week.  As a matter of fact, we aren't supposed to have a day that goes over 19 degress until Feb. 11.  Joy.

11 comments:

Kathy Skou said...

This is adorable Aurdrey!!!!!

lisa said...

Audrey what a cute LO. Love that red!!

Tracey said...

Great mix of papers! Gorgeous page Audrey!!

Aurelie said...

Love your product choice for this layout! AWESOME!

Marie/Mison said...

Love this Audrey!

Marek said...

WOWOW i love this adorable page!!!

Mel said...

Beautiful LO Audrey! Hey we are only about an hour and 10 minutes away from you. I go shopping up in Binghamton all of the time:)

Christa said...

Stunning puppy and design Audrey. She's a sweetie. Your rough stitching and the red really highlights her colouring and the snow. I love how you always make the photo integral to the design.

KrissyClarkMcKee said...

Sooooooo pretty - and I love Heather's sketch! I always love seeing your creative ideas!

Marielle said...

beautiful layout,love the pop of red and those cute tags !

Diana Waite said...

this is just BEAUTIFUL!