Thursday, January 20, 2011

Another Color Combo's Galore and some YSS!!!!!!

So now I am really liking the color combo thing!  This is my 2nd page and I am having fun picking out the papers to match the palette.

Here is this weeks palette at CCG:




I used some papers from Scrap Within Reach "The District" and Basic Grey's "Wander".  The catch this week is that you have to use a cloud on your page.

I snapped these photos of Charlotte looking out the airport window at our gate when we flew East and North for the holidays.  The grey tones of the photo I thought went well with the palette.


I did some simple paper layering and then some doodling here and there.  I journaled on the photo before I printed it.





In my January Kit for Your Scrapbook Stash, I got to work with some of the adorable and bright colors of the Bella Blvd Socialite and Lovey Dovey papers.  I love the yellow and blues in these lines. 

On New Year's, we had a "bake off" where everyone has to bring a dish made with an secret ingredient.  This year's ingredient was Cream Cheese!!  I was hoping someone would make cheese cake, but no go!  :)   My little brother Johnny won with his Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe.  My Turkey Tetrazinni didn't get any votes :(.  My brother Brian called it Turkey Barf-A-Zinni.  (Yes, he is an adult...)


Anyways, I wanted to go real simple with this design and do a block type of pattern.  I doodled a black line around the outside to bring it all together.






This next page was also a lot of fun!  My cousin Melissa and I had a girls day out, and we went to Friendly's and then went for pedicures!  When we sat down at the spa's, we both realized we hadn't shaved our legs in quite a while...:)  Those poor ladies had their work cut out for them, let me tell you...Oh well! 



I used some Maya Road chipboard shapes which I inked black and added some patterned paper behind.


I used some Smooch Inks in taffy and some red Stickles to do some streaks across the page to mimic nail polish!  :)




TFL today!

Stay tuned for a HUGE (non-scrappy) announcement from me in the next couple days (in the form of a layout!)  :)  Can you guess what it is?

2 comments:

Tessa Buys said...

Huge announcement? Hmmmm.... I'm intrigued! Great layouts! I love all your doodling :).

Kim said...

Non scrappy!??/ Hmmm---bet it is baby number two! ;) Perhaps a LO of the pregnancy test?