Tuesday, January 18, 2011

CCG and YSS!

This month, Your Scrapbook Stash is teaming up with Color Combos Galore for their weekly reveals.  You can enter the weekly palette and submit your entry on the YSS blog to win some fun prizes!!  Check out the details HERE.

And while you are at it, check ME out here....a nice little intro about me for the YSS team!

So I have to be honest and say that color combos are not really my forte!  I have only done a few in my scrappy days.  So this was a bit of a challenge for me, but I LOVED it!

Look at this fun, bright pallette:




As I started to think about these colors, I was rummaging through my drawers and saw all these containers of American Crafts ZING powders that I just purchased at my LSS closing sale.  I had the perfect shades of green for this color combo!  I know it looks like paint, but it is all heat embossed!



I have tried many different types of glue, and I have this one liquid glue that has a funky applicator, so I used it to spread glue on my page and then sprinkled the dark green embossing powder on it.

For the light green embossing, I mixed some mod podge with water to make a real runny glue and splattered it on my page.  Then I added the light green embossing powder and let it dry.  THEN I heated it with my heat gun.


I actually used this from my stash for this page, like the Pink Paislee artisan tapes (the orange and the black houndstooth), and some Pink Paislee rub ons. The papers are from Jillibean Soup.



TFL today and be sure to try your hand at this color combo at CCG and YSS!

OH and one more thing, check out my fun tutorial on the Scrapbook Circle Blog!

1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

okay that layout is AWESOME! I love the embossing affect, just SO cool!