Hello! Audrey here with you today to share a simple way to add some dimension to your Glitz Peek-A-Boos (transparencies).
1. Cut some shapes of different sizes and patterns from your transparencies. Here I just hand cut three simple flower shapes from a Peek-A-Boo from the Happy Travels collection.
2. Set your oven to 250 degrees. Lay your pieces on a piece of parchment paper (baking paper) on a cookie sheet and place in the oven. WATCH CAREFULLY. The transparencies will start to curl on the edges. These flowers are somewhat large and started to curl after about a minute, however small pieces curl much faster.
3. Carefully remove, and, if desired, try to shape a bit more while still hot, if possible (use something to protect your hands!). Otherwise let cool. The heat warps the transparencies and gives them some fun lift! You could also try this with a heat gun, as well, but be careful not to get too close to the transparency!
4. Try experimenting with different sized shapes and different patterns of transparencies! These are some from Dance in the Sunshine.
5. Make fun embellishments for your projects by layering your curled transparencies together!
Thanks for stopping by for Step By Step Saturday!
Glitz Designs Peek-A-Boos: Happy Travels, Dance in the Sunshine
Glitz Designs 6x6 Paper Pads: Happy Travels, French Kiss
Glitz Designs Epoxy Stickers: Dance in the Sunshine
Glitz Designs Layer Stickers: French Kiss
Glitz Designs Giant Rhinestones: Happy Travels