Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I played with the new MME this weekend!!!!

I was SOOO excited that the owner of the new LSS where I work (Scrappn' Savvy), ordered the ENTIRE new MME release! She gave me some samples of the Gertie line before the new stuff arrived, and I used them for my first class today!

For this first page, I actually used a sketch from the MME blog:






I love to use grid and geometric shapes for background papers.  I was thinking I was going to use the lines for journaling, but instead added a journaling spot and added my title to the left of the photo.



It's hard to tell in these photos, but I used the doily stamps that came with this line to create the red flowers.  LOVE!!!!!!  I then used some of the new brads for the centers.  The only thing on this page that's NOT MME is the title, which is Adorn In and Glitz.




I also used a sketch for this 2nd page, too!!!  I really loved this week's sketch at Sketchy Thursdays.  I kept it pretty true to the sketch.





Charlotte loves to play with "Bop-bies" (buttons).  I gave them to her one day to keep her occupied while I was scrapping, and she played with them for hours, in and out of containers.  Now she points to my scrap room and says "BOPBIES, BOPBIES!!".  She has her own little bucket of things to play with now...



The buttons that go along with this line come on ADORABLE packaging, so I decided to use the packaging as part of my title!!  I just threaded some ribbon in the top of the package and added it right to my page. I added some other orange buttons from the Lush collection, too.

I always do a 2-pager in class as well, so this is one that I designed.  I wanted to go with a frame idea and used a piece of the die cut paper from the line as well as some of the die cut photo frames.



The background number paper I cut out in random squares, and I got the inspiration from Tessa at Scrapbook Circle with this page where she used some of the Basic Grey Hopscotch paper.  Charlotte playing with chalk reminded me of hopscotch, so that's why I used that paper!





All the people in my class tonight were my regulars and it was so good to see them all again and chat!  I really enjoy this job!  And I want to thank my dear friend Heather for coming to support me, even though she knows how to make her own gorgeous pages.  Thanks Heather!

I've got a lot of catching up to do this week!  More posts ahead...

13 comments:

Tessa Buys said...

I love all the layouts! I can't wait to get some of that paper :). Your hopscotches are just perfect :).

Nancy Wyatt said...

Beautiful, Karrie is lucky to have you on her team! Wish I had a smudge of your talent! Your layouts are always amazing!

Nancy Wyatt said...

Smudge? That is so not what I wrote, lol. Darn spell check! Lol

Unknown said...

Great layouts that look even more gorgeous IRL!!! I had a lot of fun last night.

lisa said...

Wow Audrey, you've been busy. I love your MME page and the Sketchy Thursday page is soooooo good.
Cute that Charlotte likes button, a scrapbooker in the making maybe???
xx

Anonymous said...

Wow, these are all so beautiful!
Loving the colors and I love the journaling on your ST one, That paper is so pretty!
Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays

Diana Fisher said...

How cute!!!!! I just love your style. Great pages!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!! As always Audrey!! Your creations are AMAZING!!! WOW!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee how you added the button tag as part of the title!! Thanks soooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Keshet said...

These are adorable, love your style! Thanks for joining the fun at Sketchy Thursdays this week!!

AnnaB said...

Gorgeous pages Audreay!

Danielle said...

gorgeous girl!! you do great work! love them all!

Diana Waite said...

these layout are just GORGEOUS!!! Love the colors! :)

Bente Fagerberg said...

Such lovely layouts. You rock these papers. Shows that you love them!!