Sunday, February 13, 2011

I take naps and play in forts....

So I have been participating in a few contests to get my mojo going, and here are some results:

This one I used my YSS February kit for and inspiration from the Throwdown Challenges at Memorable Seasons.
 We made a fun fort out of some sections of baby gate and a big blanket.  We all had a fun time playing in there.  Charlotte kept pulling on mommy and daddy to come inside and play.


The challenge was to use three photos, a punched border, and inked edges, plus some "secret ingredients" from the sample layout.  I chose to use journaling strips, a rosette flower, and phrase stickers.







Check the YSS blog in the next couple weeks for a sketch challenge that goes along with this page!


Next up is the CROWNED competition at Scrapdango.  I love this contest!  Every week the challenge has a pageant theme.  This week was the "Swimsuit" competition. Based on the idea of an "itsy bitsy teeny weeky yellow polka dot bikini", your page had to contain lots of yellow, polka dots, and had to be revealing!  It had to reveal something about you.

It's no secret...I love to take naps.  I do it when I can, most of the time as soon as Charlotte goes down for her nap.




I won the Social Club line from Cosmo Cricket's blog a few weeks ago and I got it on Friday, just in time to do this challenge!!!!  LOVE!!!!



I white washed the background paper and then sprayed with some Maya Mist in a dark navy blue.  I love the way some of the mist pooled on the wet paint.




The chipboard stars and heart are also from Maya Road.  I wanted the yellow to stand out, so I used a lot of contrast with it against a blue background. 


I did a quick running stitch along the outside edge of the page to tie it all in.

AND some other exciting stuff:  Went to my LSS to get some papers for my classes and guess what the owner ALSO gave me to work with????   MME Gertie!!!!  WOO HOO!!  ( I did two pages last night!)!  AND, BoBunny Ad Lib!!!!   WOOO HOOO!!  I have so much fun new stuff to work with this week, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Doreen Vasquez said...

Love both your layouts - especially that nap one...maybe cuz I love naps too! LOL!

Diana Waite said...

we do forts at our house too! And I LOVE to take naps too--in fact I took one today! :) GREAT layouts, I can't wait to see what you come up with the new paper!